Tuesday, August 19, 2008

An Unusual Day

Today the house was pretty empty, it was the first day of school for Lexi and Skye, Erik is still out of town and Brad worked all day. So other than Frankie, it was just me and the LOs today!

I had plans to take them out but Chase woke up with a runny nose and a slight fever so I wanted to just let him rest at home. It's been probably 9 months since they've had colds so I guess we were due. So I decided today the TV would stay off, I wasn't going to do any housework and today would just be about play!

Some things we did: Used their old bottles to feed baby dolls and stuffed animals, rocked every last one to sleep with a full rendition of rock a bye baby (Chase hung in there to the very last one, Summer wandered half-way through), worked on using spoons (they've got forks down but spoons are still eluding them), glued felt and foam circles to a big piece of poster board I hung in the kitchen (kind of like pin the tail on the donkey with no blind fold. I put a dab of glue on the back of the circle and they marched over and put it on the poster), made oatmeal cookies, brushed Buster (they really liked that!), worked with their shape sorter until they could do all the shapes through the right spaces completely on their own, scribbled on the sliding glass doors with outside markers, did a smelling/tasting game with citrus fruits, bowled with a soccer ball and 10 empty plastic bottles, tossed blocks across the room into a big pot (boy that was noisy!), finger painted with pudding, read books (again and again and again) and who knows what else!

Boy I was exhausted!! It was perfect timing when Lexi and Skye got home, I was running out of stuff to do and they were getting cranky wanting to go outside, but it was raining. Summer and Chase were so excited when the girls came through the front door they squealed and started jumping up and down on the couch! They had just started begging for the tv too. Of course, so was Frankie, but I stood my ground! That part stinks, I wish they didn't like tv so darn much!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow, mama, you SHOULD be exhausted! I bet the LO's had so much fun doing so many creative things. I feel like a real slacker now. Does playing with Tupperware fit into the creative category?? ;)